Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Craft 2008 - Snowflakes!


Piece Name: Christmas Craft - SS Wire Snowflakes

If you know me you know that each year I do a Christmas Craft project that I give to friends and family members as gifts. I have been doing this for almost 20 years now. I have made things in all sorts of techniques, but like last year (scroll below for 2007's craft) I settled in on wire wrapping again. This year I made snowflakes. They were inspired by a bracelet tutorial by Karen Traeger Rakoski that was published in the Winter 2008 edition of the "Step by Step Wire Jewelry" magazine. I got pretty good at making them and just like real snowflakes each one is a little different!

These snowflakes were made with 20 and 24 gauge Argentium Sterling Silver wire. They either use faceted Blue Lace agate beads or light blue 4mm Swarovski crystal bicone beads for the center stone. I used narrow light blue satin ribbon as hangers for these ornaments.

Completed: December 2008

No comments: